HOURS: Monday through Thursday 8:00 a.m to 5:00 p.m.
PHONE: (313) 791-3432
ABOUT THE CLERK
City Clerk Walt Prusiewicz was appointed by the City Council to temporarily fill a vacancy on April 1, 2011. He was elected in November of 2011 to serve the remaining term of City Clerk. He is a Wayne State graduate with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Accounting and possesses a Masters of Business Administration with a concentration in Finance.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE CITY CLERK’S OFFICE
The Dearborn Heights City Clerk’s office is responsible for the following:
- Administers elections and performs all related election activities---for a link to the election page CLICK HERE
- Issues business licenses and registrations---for a link to the business license page CLICK HERE
- Registers all commercial and residential alarms---for a link to the alarm page CLICK HERE
- Certifies birth and death records, if the event occurred in Dearborn Heights
- Issues pet licenses---for a link to the pet license page CLICK HERE
- Permanent records of City Council proceedings -for a link to the City Council page CLICK HERE
- Keeper of the City Seal and custodian of all official records
FOR A LIST OF UNITED STATES, STATE OF MICHIGAN AND WAYNE COUNTY
CONTACT INFORMATION CLICK HERE